Thomas E. Strauss, Inc., provides a number of benefits for both part- and full-time employees.
All Employees - Available Upon Hiring
- Welcome comp coupons for restaurants
- Birthday comp coupons in birthday month
- Gift certificate discounts – 50% off at Miller’s (12 meals per year)
- Smorgasbord discounts – 50% off for you and up to 7 guests
- Smokehouse BBQ and Brews Discounts – 50% off for you and up to 3 guests
- Gift Shop, Locally Made Food Shop and Country Store Discounts – 30% off gift items / 20% off food/beverage items
- Quilt Shop Discounts – 20% off (excludes consigned items)
- AmishView Inn & Suites Discounts – 50% off one room (restrictions apply, see manager/supervisor)
- AT&T Mobile Plan Discount – Mention Thomas E. Strauss
- Miller’s and Smokehouse Catering – 25% off on picked up items only
- Service Awards – TES, Inc., recognizes employees for length of service beginning at one year and then every 5 years after
- Private Event Space – employees may rent private spaces for personal events at a discount.
- Holiday On-Duty Meals – are provided free when you work holidays designated in the TES, Inc., policy manual.
- Employee Referral Program – refer someone to work in any of the TES, Inc., businesses, and if they are hired, you will receive a referral bonus as defined in the policy manual.
All Employees - Predetermined Waiting Period
- Smilebuilderz Advantage Dental Plan – Employee & family coverage options
- Smilebuilderz Premium Dental Plan– Employee & family coverage options
- Quest EAP – Employee assistance program includes assistance with personal and/or work-related issues with free, confidential counseling sessions that may impact job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being.
- AFLAC – supplemental, portable insurance coverage options available for a premium
- Short-term disability (must work 30 hours/week)
- Critial or Cancer Care
- Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan – Employer matches 50% on employee deferrals up to 6%. Tax-deferred and Roth account options available. Available to full-time employees after one year of employment and to part-time employees after one year of employment and 1,000 hours worked in a calendar year. Eligible participants must be 21 years of age.
Full-Time Employee Benefits
- Major medical and vision insurance – available after waiting period
- Dental insurance – available after waiting period
- Health Savings Account – pre-tax savings account for healthcare related expenses
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Bereavement Leave – as defined in the employee handbook
Employee benefits are subject to change. The most current and complete list of part- and full-time employee benefits is available in the Thomas E. Strauss, Inc., HR Department. Ask your hiring manager for that list.
Thomas E. Strauss, Inc. (TES, Inc.), is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. TES, Inc. is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at TES, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. TES, Inc. will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. TES, Inc. encourages applicants of all ages.